Northern Edition

Select Edition

Northern Northern
Southern Southern
Global Global
New Zealand New Zealand
France France

England captain Lawes happy players are sidelined to be safe over head knocks

(Photo by Cameron Spencer/Getty Images)

England rugby captain Courtney Lawes has said the high injury toll in the Test series against the Wallabies is unfortunate, but the sidelining of concussed players proves the game has progressed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Both England and Australia have suffered multiple injuries across their first two Tests, with a number of players getting head knocks.

Asked if he was alarmed by the high injury toll, Lawes said: “Quite a lot of them have been from head knocks.

Video Spacer

Sam Cane talks to media ahead of third test against Ireland in Wellington | All Blacks press conference

Video Player is loading.
Current Time 0:00
Duration 0:00
Loaded: 0%
Stream Type LIVE
Remaining Time 0:00
 
1x
    • Chapters
    • descriptions off, selected
    • captions off, selected
      Video Spacer

      Sam Cane talks to media ahead of third test against Ireland in Wellington | All Blacks press conference

      “It shows the progression of the game, where if you picked up a head knock this time last year, you’d be all right to play for this next Test.

      “I think it’s better safe than sorry and if you pick up a head knock in a game then you should have the time you need to recover from it, so I see it as a good thing.

      “There’s been plenty of other pretty serious injuries, especially on their side, which is tough and very unfortunate to see to be honest.

      “But it is the nature of the game at this point because there’s so many good athletes, there’s so many big collisions and it’s a tough sport.

      ADVERTISEMENT

      “I don’t think you can trouble yourself with it too much.

      “We play a tough physical game and we all know what we signed up for, and a lot of it is effectively down to luck.

      “People catching a ball and coming down awkwardly, getting landed on and stuff like that, it’s bad luck and, unfortunately, it happens.”

      Lawes, who played at blindside flanker for the first two Tests, said coach Eddie Jones had not suggested he switch to the second row for Saturday’s SCG decider, after lock Maro Itoje was ruled out with concussion.

      A knee injury to Cadeyrn Neville and Darcy Swain’s suspension have depleted Australia’s lock stocks, with Lukhan Salakaia-Loto called into the squad.

      ADVERTISEMENT

      Salakaia-Loto and Lawes will soon be teammates in England when the 30-cap Wallabies forward joins the England skipper’s club, Northampton Saints.

      Lawes and the other Saints members of the touring party had a coffee with Salakaia-Loto last week before he was drafted into the Wallabies squad.

      “All I know is he’s massive, so I’m going to try and avoid running straight into him,” Lawes said .

      Both men played in the 2019 World Cup quarter-final won by England, though starter Lawes was replaced five minutes before Salakaia-Loto came off the bench.

      ADVERTISEMENT

      Boks Office | Episode 39 | The Investec Champions Cup is back

      Argentina v France | HSBC SVNS Hong Kong 2025 | Men's Match Highlights

      New Zealand v Australia | HSBC SVNS Hong Kong 2025 | Women's Match Highlights

      Tokyo Sungoliath vs Shizuoka BlueRevs | Japan Rugby League One 2024/25 | Full Match Replay

      Reds vs Force | Super Rugby W 2025 | Full Match Replay

      The Rise of Kenya | The Report

      New Zealand in Hong Kong | Brady Rush | Sevens Wonders | Episode 4

      The Fixture: How This Rugby Rivalry Has Lasted 59 Years

      Trending on RugbyPass

      Comments

      0 Comments
      Be the first to comment...

      Join free and tell us what you really think!

      Sign up for free
      ADVERTISEMENT

      Latest Features

      Comments on RugbyPass

      E
      Elizabeth M Joshua 56 minutes ago
      What Newcastle 'can’t legislate for' as they face fellow basement dwellers

      ## A Remarkable Recovery

      I'm Elizabeth Joshua from Mississippi, and my journey to recovering my stolen USDT coins was nothing short of miraculous. It began with a devastating loss of $267,400 to a cunning scammer. The feeling of helplessness was overwhelming, and I thought my money was gone forever. Website: Brunoequickhack.COM

      However, my luck changed when I stumbled upon Brunoe Quick Hack's services online. Their reputation for being reliable and efficient in recovering stolen cryptocurrency caught my attention. I decided to take a chance and reached out to them.

      To my surprise, Brunoe Quick Hack's team was professional, responsive, and transparent throughout the entire process. They worked tirelessly to track down the scammer and recover my stolen USDT coins. Their expertise and dedication were truly impressive.

      In a remarkable turn of events, Brunoe Quick Hack successfully recovered my stolen funds. I was overjoyed and relieved to see the money safely returned to my account. WhatsApp: +1705-784-(2635)

      My experience with Brunoe Quick Hack has been nothing short of exceptional. Their service is top-notch, and I highly recommend them to anyone who has fallen victim to cryptocurrency scams. If you're looking for a reliable and efficient solution to recover your stolen funds, look no further than Brunoe Quick Hack.

      ## A Testimonial to Excellence

      I'm thrilled to refer Brunoe Quick Hack's services to the globe. Their professionalism, expertise, and commitment to customer satisfaction are truly remarkable. If you need help recovering stolen cryptocurrency, don't hesitate to reach out to Brunoe Quick Hack. They are the real deal. Email: BrunoequickhackATgmail.com

      0 Go to comments
      d
      dimitrirassam299 1 hour ago
      Don't get out over your skis on the Highlanders

      For months, I had been diving deep into the world of cryptocurrency, excited by the opportunities and promises of financial freedom. Like many others, I had heard of people making life changing gains overnight, and I wanted my share of the success. Unfortunately, in my eagerness, I fell victim to a well disguised scam that drained my Ethereum ETH holdings. It started when I stumbled upon an investment platform that seemed too good to be true but in my greed and hope, I ignored the warning signs. The website had polished testimonials, a smooth interface, and a community that appeared legitimate. I transferred a significant amount of Ethereum, expecting high returns in a matter of weeks. Days turned into weeks, then months, and soon  I realized I had been scammed,I was devastated. That money was not just a financial asset; it was my hard earned savings, my dreams of financial security. I reached out to the so-called support team of the platform, but my emails went unanswered, and the website eventually vanished. I was left with nothing but regret.Just when I was about to give up, a friend told me about Washington Recovery Pro a specialized asset recovery service that had helped victims like me retrieve lost funds from fraudulent schemes. Skeptical but desperate, I decided to reach out. Their response was swift and professional. They assured me that while many scams are sophisticated, their team had the expertise to trace and recover stolen digital asset one day, I woke up to an email notification that your funds had been successfully recovered. I logged into my crypto wallet, and there it was my ETH, safely returned. I could hardly believe it.For anyone who has lost money in crypto scams, I say that there is still hope. Washington Recovery Pro proved that with the right team, justice can prevail.their handles.

      WhatsApp-‪  +1 (903) 249‑8633‬

      4 Go to comments
      LONG READ
      LONG READ No definites, but which Wales players could still make Lions squad? No definites, but which Wales players could still make Lions squad?
      Search